A FREE Lecture event:
The True Story of the MIT Blackjack Team
featured in "Bringing Down The House" and 21
March 18, 2008 at 7:00 pm in 26-100
Mike Aponte ('95) and David Irvine ('95) were two of the foremost players of the infamous MIT blackjack team that operated in Las Vegas between 1994 and 2000. Their stories were the premise of the book "Bringing down the House" and the upcoming movie 21. In 2004 they co-founded the Blackjack Institute and were both profiled on HBO Real Sports last year.
Mike Aponte and Dave Irvine will share their experiences as MIT students turned professional card counters, discussing:
- The history and evolution of the MIT Blackjack Team
- Keys to the team's success
- The high roller lifestyle
- The cat & mouse game with casinos
- Why the team ended
- The post team era - what they're doing now ("Bringing Down The House", The Blackjack Institute, 21)
Cosponsored by the UEA.